Tuesday, May 10, 2011

God is not a white man!!!


I have not blogged in a long time for a couple of different reasons. One thing that God was calling me to do for 2011 was journal more and I have been doing so on a regular basis. This has taken me away from blogging because what I journal is between God and me and what I blog about is me and the world. I need this in my life... I need to share what is on my heart and mind because I know there are people out there thinking the same things I am. So here we go again!!!

Lately I have been listening to the band called Gungor. They are very talented and have a heart for God. There is a song called, "God is not a white man!" I was taking Emma (my youngest daughter) on a date night and we were listening to this song. It says all the things that God is not.

God is not a man
God is not a while man
God cannot be boxed in
God is not bound to religion

The chorus screams out GOD IS LOVE, GOD IS LOVE!!!! My daughter burst out screaming this every time the song plays. We have heard this song now at least 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 times.

1 John says, "God is love," while driving around town listening to this song with kids screaming it at me I am reminded of this truth. God does loves me!!! He really does love me!!!! So many times I forget that simple truth but that truth has changed my life and my destination. So today not sure how everyone out there is feeling but remember, GOD IS LOVE and HE LOVES EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment