Monday, May 23, 2011

Still Here!!!!


There was so much going on this weekend its tough to know where to start...

* Friday night we had dinner with our good friends David and Lynn Tully. They are two people that both Natalie and I are drawn to because of their love for God and the world. David cooked burgers on the grill and introduced me to the best salsa I have ever had in my life. The name escapes me now, but I put it on my burger and it changed by life.

* Sunday was Graduation Sunday and our youth praise band led worship and I preached. I was so nervous for the band because I know it is a different audience and venue but they did a great job (as always) and I am so blessed to work with people who want to change the world for Jesus Christ. I gave them the book Radical and I hope they read it because it is such a wonderful and challenging book...

* That night we all went out to the Kani House (Japanese restaurant) and had a great time. It was great to be with friends just laughing and remembering different times together.

* My favorite band in the world called it quits this weekend. This would be the David Crowder Band and I will post more on this later.

* Tornado's hit Joplin Missouri this weekend and I am praying hard for the people there. I know many have lost homes and family's and I pray the people of God rise to meet the needs in that community. I actually watched a video on YouTube that a guy filmed while in a building during this awful ordeal. It was hard to watch and hard to listen to...

* Finally we are still here. There was such a big debate whether the "rapture" would happen this weekend. Social Networks were going crazy, news, internet and many more couldn't stop talking about it. I hope Christians don't forget that Jesus said, "Know one knows the day or hour" and his focus was on being ready not being taken. Since we are still here let us focus on bringing the good news to the world and being ready for his return.

No comments:

Post a Comment