Friday, September 2, 2011

The End is the Beginning


The title for this blog is so fitting for my life right now. The past 3 months have been so crazy in the life of the my family. For those of you all that don't know God has called "The Davidson Clan" to move to Hickory NC and plant a church. Now this is something that God has really had to move me towards. Church planting has become very trendy and as one friend put it, "Its the new youth minister!" I have seen many friends move towards church planting but have not asked them why they felt the need to do this. There are couple of things I have learned already and I have not even planted yet.

* Church Planting calls you to do things WAY outside the norm and your comfort zone.
* Most new churches fail in year 4 and 5 after launching.
* I have never seen so many people invested in you, your church and they want you to succeed. This is such a great motivation and yet humbles you tremendously.
* It is already the hardest thing I have ever done but I know it will be the most rewarding.
* At the core of every church planter is a strong sense to help people live life the way it was meant to be lived and look like the church Jesus died for.

AGAIN this is not something that I went after who even wanted to be, but something God transformed me into. Looking back at my calendar you can see how God works in the lives of his followers and how he uses people around you.

Summer 2009: I was contacted by a church planters group to consider doing this and I said, NO!!!! But God was planting seeds in my heart and mind.
Nov 2010: Began to pray with Natalie about God's leading in our lives.
Jan 2011: God revealed that our marriage needs to be stronger.
Feb 2011: God revealed how to be better parents.
April 2011: Contacted by a friend who planted a church with Stadia and they had been asking about a name he could give them. His Facebook message read this way, " I have been praying about this for weeks now and I can't get your name out of my mind." We told him it was ok to that he give them our names.
June 2011: Contacted by Stadia and went to Assessment in Chicago.
4 days later: Stadia confirmed us as lead planters and wanted us to start soon.
3 days after that: Contacted by a lead planter in NC to plant a church there. Natalie and I were already praying about NC which is crazy.
July 2011: Envision hired me as a lead planter in NC and now we had to narrow it down between 5 cities.
July 31: Told FCC that we were leaving them to plant a church (one of the hardest Sundays ever).
Aug 2011: 4 partners were nailed down and we chose Hickory NC to plant this church all while saying good bye to our amazing FCC family.
Sept 2011: Start date with Stadia and hopefully moving to Hickory NC.
Future: In God's hands!!!!!

As you can see God shoved me through this door and I am so thankful he did!!! So there a couple of things I want you to know as a reader of this blog.

1. This is my last blog here at Crockett's Corner!!!! I will be starting a new blog about my adventures in life, marriage, fatherhood and church planting very soon!!!
2. I have done youth ministry for over 10 years now and it is one of the greatest ministries ever. I am so thankful that God allowed me to meet so many wonderful people in the last 10 years.
3. If you would like to give to this new church plant please contact me on Facebook or through email. My new email is crockett.davidson@gmail.com.
4. I need your prayers more than anything... I can't do this without God and the support of his people. Please pray for me, my fam, the church and the city of Hickory DAILY!!!
5. The End really is the beginning in so many ways. Thanks for reading this blog over the years and I will send out the new blog address soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment